Interviews from UFCW GOLD Interns sharing their experiences from this summer are featured in a new video that is now available. For six weeks, 27 GOLD interns worked on action projects in Atlanta, Louisville, St. Louis, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C.
- In Atlanta, interns teamed up with Project South and Jobs with Justice to help raise the standards for workers through collective action.
- In Louisville and St. Louis, interns met with UFCW members to talk about the harmful effects of right to work. They implemented an innovative outreach strategy that included town halls and several letters to the editor in targeted publications.
- In Los Angeles, they helped El Super and Walmart workers fight to have a voice on the job and workplace rights.
- In Washington, D.C., interns reached out to local retail workers to garner support for the Retail Workers Bill of Rights, a piece of legislation that would help to guarantee stable hours and work schedules. They also worked with OSHA to help advance workplace safety.
- In San Francisco, interns helped to ensure implementation of the recently passed Retail Workers Bill of Rights was going smoothly and that workers all over the city were aware of and getting the fair schedules guaranteed by the legislation.
To watch and share the video with your local and networks, please click here.